Sunday, March 23, 2014

Free Measurement Tools Activity Sheets

My students and I will be beginning a unit on measurement this week in our math classes. A few of the lessons we will be doing will be on knowing which tool is appropriate for the task. For example, one would use a scale to find mass or a ruler to find length. I am also introducing words like scale, graduated cylinder, and volume.

To go along with these lessons, I made a few activities to help the students review the material taught in class. They are fairly straightforward, but I just want to make sure they have a good grasp on the concept. I will be using these sheets for homework.

If you are interested in using these activities, please feel free to download them. I would be honored for them to be used in your classroom.

Download the Measurement Tools Activity Sheets

As a way of saying "Thank You," you can hop over to my Facebook page and become a follower. Even better, swing by my Teachers Pay Teachers store and become a follower. You can also join my blog. That would be awesome.

Thanks!

1 comment :

  1. I like your ideas for the measurement tools and the examples for when to use them. I have just started using measurement with my class and I created some activities and anchor charts for them as well.
    We use metric in Canada, but I also created a set with Imperial measure. Hop on over to my TpT store and take a look if you would like to check them out. Here is a fun freebie that combines measurement with the scientific process.
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Are-You-A-Rectangle-Or-A-Square-1141315
    Thanks for sharing with us. I am now following your blog and your TpT store and I look forward to finding out more about what you are doing in your classroom.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    Diamond Mom's Treasury

    ReplyDelete