Friday, August 16, 2013

My Seven Favorite Books Growing Up

Growing up I read a lot. Some of my favorite memories were going to the library with my dad, rushing home after school to go to the Bookmobile on Thursday afternoons, and reading by the air vent on cold afternoons. As a teacher, I want to instill that same love of reading in my students today.

Here is a list of my favorite books from when I was growing up. Most of these I read multiple times.

  • Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
  • Chicken Trek by Stephen Manes
  • Something Under the Bed is Drooling by Bill Watterson
  • The Great Brain at the Academy by John D. Fitzgerald
  • Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb
  • Jelly Belly by Robert Kimmel Smith
  • This Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall! by Gordon Korman
What are you favorite books from when you were growing up?

No comments :

Post a Comment